Everyday Freepik offers to millions of users around the world a great variety of ready-to-use graphic resources designed by top and creative designers worldwide. Therefore, as Freepik continues to grow and expand, we are looking for an experienced Backend developer.
As part of the Backend Team, your role will be key to work on the development of high performance web platforms written in PHP, searching at all times for the optimization of resources and the application of good programming practices.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop software components in a microservices architecture, being responsible for their end-to-end lifecycle (including design, develop, test and deployment to our cloud infrastructure).
- Create and enforce best practices for software development that consistently results in high quality code.
- Writing new and reusable code to support our in house applications in a test driven development environment.
- Lead best practices in load testing of the application through test automation.
- Participating actively in technical and user stories discussion.
- Research & identify new technologies to drive innovation.
What you bring:
- A can-do attitude & work well as part of a talented dev team.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a web developer (PHP).
- Experience in MySQL databases.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Git (Bitbucket).
- Communicate effectively with your colleagues as part of a close team.
- Able to quickly pick up and work on new requirements.
- Able to take a project from scratch to completion independently.
- Detail-oriented, organized, with the ability to be effective with your time.
- Strong development, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Passionate about technology, willingness to learn and try new things.
- Experience working with PHP frameworks: Codeigniter, Simphony, Slim...
- Unit Testing and Continuous Integration familiarity (PHPUnit).
- SOLID and Clean Code practitioner.
- Expertise in Continuous Integration tools and methodologies.
- Practical experience working with Docker.
- Experience using JIRA is helpful.
- At least 3 years
What we offer
- Flexible working hours from monday to friday.
- Fully stocked kitchen with refreshments, cereals, fruits and much more.
- Ongoing professional training.
- Team buildings, pizza days and events all year round.
- Dynamic multicultural team.
- Modern offices located in the heart of the city of Málaga.
- Leisure areas with games, TVs and puffs to relax.